Nintendo DS Lite G-pak

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Nintendo DS Lite G-pak Organizer Coral Pink


By Steve Haffner "shaffner" (Fort Worth, TX United States) -  reviews


It is easy to see why a lot of individuals purchase this case. In fact, we have purchased two. We own both the pink and gray versions. It is about the size of an old-fashioned metal lunch box from the late 70s. Perhaps it is not as deep, but I think the total volume is probably comparable.



There is plenty of room inside for 2 DS units (or we store 1 DS and 1 video iPod). In addition, each case SHOULD have enough room to hold 30 DS games plus 6 GBA games inside a removable Velcro wallet. No need to worry about the wallet falling out; the Velcro holds very securely. On the exterior of the case, there is a side pocket for the power cord (or even more games).

 
The problem (with both of our cases) is that the width the seamstress (or robot) used for the wallet slots was not always standard or uniform for the DS game slots. The GBA game slots are perfect. In some cases, the DS slots in the wallet are too narrow to accommodate a DS cartridge. At this time, we don't own 30 DS games, nor do I think I would ever trust my children enough to tote around approx. $1,000 worth of hardware/software. So, really it is a fairly minor issue.

At this time a few of the slots are ripped and torn from (me) forcing games into slots that are too small. By the time I get my DS, I am hoping they resolve this issue. I tend to be a tad more anal retentive than either of my DS wielding children.

BTW, a couple of items on the pink version. Our 5-year old daughter uses it almost as much as a play purse as she does a DS storage tote. She absolutely loves the fact she has something cool, just like her big brother. I would not hesitate to purchase this item again, but if you have 30 DS games you need to tote around, then this may not be the ideal solution for you.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Nintendo DS Games

Custom Search