Imagine Fashion Designer New York

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Imagine Fashion Designer New York

Imagine Fashion Designer New York

By Gibson (Michigan) -  reviews



Shame on the UBISoft for failing to describe ALL of the features of this game! And, for recommending it for ages as young as 5 years old. My 8-year old daughter LOVES this game. I thought "Great! She has another outlet for her creativity." Then, she invited me to watch the action as she completed tasks . . . The tasks ARE fun. I was enjoying watching until "Mark" started telling my daughter's character - "Emma" - that he was in love with her and wanted to be her boyfriend. "Emma" then had to decide whether to take on a boyfried at this time in her career, or stay focused. Next, a male "Director of Development" asked "Emma" if she was having "any problems" implying that she could confide in him and he would help. (I have to admit this creeped me out!) In my opinion, these scenarios/decisions are WAY TOO GROWN-UP for those under dating age! My daughter is very perceptive and I found myself having to explain office politics/pitfalls that she shouldn't have to think about for a long time.



Bottom line: The manufacturer's description and rating imply one type of game. The actual game is far more "mature". Parents, think carefully about whether these scenarios are appropriate for your child if they're not dating yet. Try to preview the game if you can.

0 comments

Post a Comment